Navigation: back to Jen-Tran.Com(Website) | go to your Dashboard

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Great News Tonight

A lot of great news tonight. For the past couple of days I've been ridden with bad news! My first midterm was all bad. My second midterm was alright. My dad got a stroke, he couldn't move his right arm or his right hands/digits. How are we going to pay for the hospital bills etc.

Good news came today. My sister came home to visit. Got my finance midterm scores back and it was pretty good in my book (got a B). Came home to test my dads glucose levels and was happy to see that it went down to 124. I know it might be high but thats after he ate and stuff. Compared to the morning where he just woke up and fasted for 8 hours it was at 133. I was keeping note of his daily activities and diet and it seems the following is a good combination for him...
  • A packet of oatmeal followed later with a 10-15 minute walk.
  • All day hand and right arm exercises. We're just trying to get his right hand to work again.
  • Lunch he had vegetables, boiled chicken, and a little bit of rice.
  • At night, all he ate was vegetable soup with more chicken and half an avocado.
His food is really bland but it seems to lower his glucose levels. Anyway, the really really good news is just that he is able to move his right hand a little more strongly a few hours after my sister went home. Maybe she has magical healing powers. Before she left, she told my dad she loved him and gave him a kiss. I know it was awkward but you know old fashion Asian parents don't really know how to reciprocate love. Telling our parents that we love them was kind of weird but it kind of brought my mom to tears this evening when we told her. its just something joyous. I feel like we've just jumped a hurdle. I hope more good news come. It really made my night better knowing my dads feeling better. A felt a little more at ease today. I feel like we're having a better family bond. I know I'm getting emotional but my family, we were close yet very separated. Now we're just in a good place despite the circumstances.

No comments:

Post a Comment